The Baltimore Handyman Company makes an annual donation to the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure to support breast cancer research and education. The Baltimore Handyman Company owner Jeff Rubin has supported breast cancer awareness for many years and has a personal connection after having lost his mom Judy to the disease in 1967. You can access the Komen Maryland website by clicking on the link above. Komen Maryland is located in Towson, MD and can be reached at 410-938-8990. Their website provides a wealth of information regarding breast cancer including early detection and various events supporting the cause.
Facts about Breast Cancer in the United States (from the National Breast Cancer Foundation)
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
75% of the net funds donated to the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure stay right here in Maryland to help those affected by breast cancer, while 25% goes to support breast cancer research to find the cures. Please support Komen Maryland in their quest to put an end to breast cancer. Thank you!